Who I am
I am Jane Hooper of 9 South Albany Road, Redruth, Cornwall TR15 2PE, trading as a Sole Trader from Redruth in Cornwall, if you wish to contact me you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My website address is: https://janehooper.com.
All images are copyright of Jane Hooper and therefore any images that are downloaded, or if you extract any location data from images on the website, you will have broken that copyright.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- We need your name, address and email address in order to process and deliver your order, together with any additional communication as a result of said order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- This information will be stored on our website, which is secure, as well as our database.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- We will not share this information with any other organisation or individual.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
If you wish to buy one of my paintings I only offer two options
I only use PayPal as an online method of payment because it is the safest way, that way you are in total control of payments and I only need a name, address and email address from you, which incidentally I will never share with anyone. This follows the 1998 UK Data Protection Act, the Law in the United Kingdom that controls how businesses stores your personal information.
If offer a Cash option if you are able to collect from Cornwall!, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this.
Who I share your data with
Higher priced items will be despatched using Royal Mail tracking service and therefore your order details, including your email address, will need to be shared with Royal Mail. This will keep you informed of is progress. For more information about how they will store this information please view the Royal Mail Group privacy notice.
I will not share your data with anyone.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me at email@example.com. if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk